Computer-assisted debriefing system for each FFS simulator
CADS is used to record a complete simulator session and to retrieve it at any time during debriefing.
During the simulator session:
- The flight parameters are input directly from the simulator
- The video images from the cockpit are recorded and digitised
- The conversations in the cockpit are recorded and digitised
- The Instructor is able to ‘mark’ events which he thinks are important
During the debriefing session:
- The main instruments and the corresponding displayed values are reproduced in real time
- The video images from the cockpit and the conversations are reproduced in real time
- The Instructor is able to choose between the reproduction:
- of a 3-D image of the aircraft in real time, or
- of the flight path of the aircraft (at present only on the CRJ).
- Whenever he wishes, the Instructor is able to refer to any of the events he has ‘marked’ and he can then ‘replay’ the session on the basis of or up to this event.